At our dental office in Charlotte, NC, we’re always here to help you with your dental needs and answer any dental related questions you may have. In order to maintain healthy teeth, it is important to maintain good hygiene and practice good oral habits. To maintain strong healthy teeth, our dentist in Charlotte, NC highly recommend:
- Brushing with a fluoride toothpaste
- Brushing thoroughly, in the front and back of the teeth, twice a day and flossing between teeth to prevent plaque from building up
- Use a antimicrobial mouthwash after brushing and swish it for 30 seconds each time
- Use a tongue scraper to remove oral bacteria from your tongue
- Avoid any tobacco products
- Limit alcoholic and any staining drinks such as coffee
- If you have dry mouth, drink plenty of mouth and chew sugarless gum
While maintaining these habits, it is also important to visit your dentist in Charlotte, NC at least once a year for a checkup and get a routine cleaning done through a hygienist at twice a year. By doing so, you can get an early diagnosis and stay on top of your oral health.
If you haven’t gotten a cleaning or check up done this year, click here to schedule your appointment with us today! We offer a comprehensive guide for our new patients as well as a dental savings plan for those without insurance.